THE COMMUNITY BOOK FAIR IS BACK! The Community Book Fair is back in 2021 as a FREE event open to the community thanks to our sponsors!
The 2020 Community Book Fair marked a new opportunity for Books for Keeps to get thousands of books into the hands of community members from all around the region. The response was positive and the feedback expressed that a need was being met, so we’ve decided to once again hold the event for free! Details for the 2021 event are listed below.
- October 7-8, 2:00-6:00pm
- October 9, 10:00am-2:00pm
- October 15, 2:00-6:00pm
- October 16-17, 10:00am-2:00pm
- October 21-22, 2:00-6:00pm
- October 23, 10:00am-2:00pm *TEACHER FREE-FOR-ALL*
While signing up will not be necessary this year, safety precautions will be in place to limit capacity and ensure safety:
- Masks are required for entry and must remain on for the entirety of your time in the warehouse (includes children over age 5).
- Patrons are asked to maintain 6 feet distance at all times and communicate the need to move around or past another patron.
- No more than 40 patrons will be allowed in the book fair space at any given time
Maximum of 100 books per patron per day (but you are encouraged to come back and shop again on another day!)
- No book scanners will be admitted. Please respect that the goal of this event is to get free books back into the community.
Please stay home if you are sick or have had potential contact with someone showing symptoms or who has tested positive.
We reserve the right to deny entry to shoppers for any reason, and hours are subject to change as we work to follow public health best practices to preserve the health and safety of you, our staff, and our volunteers. Please be patient with event staff.
Please stay tuned to our social media channels for an updated flyer, available for distribution in late September.
One thing to note: unfortunately, our warehouse space is not ADA compliant. If you have accessibility concerns or need accommodation, please get in touch ahead of you planned shopping day, and we’ll figure out a solution together!
If you’ve volunteered with us in the past and would like help make the Book Fair happen, volunteer shifts will be listed on our Givepulse page here soon!