THE COMMUNITY BOOK FAIR HAS WRAPPED UP! Thanks for browsing with us, requesting books, and helping connect members of your community with free books. Thanks especially to our sponsors! Do you work with a community group that needs to request books for use in remote learning, serving low-income children, or providing books to adults? We can help! Request books here.
Throughout October 2020, Books for Keeps opened the doors of our (open air) warehouse for appointment-based and contactless “shopping” opportunities. Our inventory of used books, for both adults and children, was available for FREE or pay-what-you-can basis.
We’re excited to offer members of the community two ways to enjoy the Book Fair this year:
- In-person browsing in our warehouse
- Maximum of 50 books per person per appointment, and they’re free!
- Contactless Mystery Grab-Bag pickups
- $10 Genre-specific bags curated by an experienced BFK volunteer or staff member (Paypal account not required)
Sign ups for both experiences can be found below. Before signing up to browse books in-person, you must acknowledge and agree to abide by the following rules:
- Masks are required for entry and must remain on for the entirety of your time in the warehouse
- Each appointment slot is for 1 person at a time
- No children under 16 will be admitted into the warehouse
- Each person will have 30 minutes to browse per appointment
Maximum of 50 books in one trip (but you are allowed to come back and shop again on another day!)
Please stay home if you are sick or have come in contact with someone who is
We reserve the right to deny entry to shoppers for any reason, and hours are subject to change as we work to follow public health best practices to preserve the health and safety of you, our staff, and our volunteers
- If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com
Share this information with your networks by downloading our Community Book Fair Flyer! One thing to note: unfortunately, our warehouse space is not ADA compliant. If you have accessibility concerns, please get in touch and we’ll figure out a solution together!
If you’ve volunteered with us in the past and would like help make the Book Fair happen, check out what upcoming shifts we have available on our Givepulse page here.