THE COMMUNITY BOOK FAIR IS BACK! The Community Book Fair is back in 2022 and will once again be FREE and open to the community thanks to our sponsors (updated sponsors for 2022 coming soon)!
The 2020 Community Book Fair marked a new opportunity for Books for Keeps to get thousands of books into the hands of community members from all around the region. The response was positive and the feedback expressed that a need was being met, so we continued with this format in 2021. Thanks to the generosity of our community partners and sponsors, we will be keeping this FREE format indefinitely! Details for the 2022 event are listed below.
The Community Book Fair will be held in our warehouse and open to the public on the following days:
- October 6-7, 2:00-6:00pm
- October 8, 10:00am-2:00pm
- October 14, 2:00-6:00pm
- October 15-16, 10:00am-2:00pm
- October 20-21, 2:00-6:00pm
- October 22, 10:00am-2:00pm
While this event is open to the public and we are no longer limiting capacity, please make note of the following restrictions:
- Parking is limited! We ask that you only park on the designated side of our parking lot and please respect the space of CAM Trading patrons.
Maximum of 100 books per patron per day to keep our counting stations free (but you are encouraged to come back and shop again on another day!)
- No book scanners will be admitted. Please respect that the goal of this event is to get free books back into the community.
Please stay home if you are sick or have had potential contact with someone showing symptoms or who has tested positive for Covid.
- We have limited space inside and may need to restrict entry at intervals to avoid the space becoming too crowded. Please be patient with our staff at all times!
Please stay tuned to our social media channels for an updated flyer, available for distribution in late September.
One thing to note: unfortunately, our warehouse space is not ADA compliant. If you have accessibility concerns or need accommodation, please get in touch ahead of your planned shopping day, and we’ll figure out a solution together!
If you’ve volunteered with us in the past and would like help make the Book Fair happen, volunteer shifts will be listed on our Givepulse page here soon!